Paul is a founding director of Axiom Forensics, which commenced operations in 2004. He became a Chartered Accountant in 1984 and since 1997 has specialised in the provision of forensic accounting services to clients relating to issues arising in a variety of businesses, ranging from small sole operators to large corporations. Paul has acted as an independent expert in numerous litigation matters covering complex accounting issues and the quantification of damages.
Paul has also acted as consulting expert accountant in a number of large matters including the Bell Group litigation and in matters for Australian regulators.
Prior to specialising in forensic accounting Paul’s background included audit and tax experience involving medium to large clients in a number of industries. He was involved for more than ten years in corporate restructuring and insolvency administrations across all areas of insolvency. These administrations included the Rothwells liquidation and the Bond Scheme of Arrangement.
- Financial investigations, including asset tracing, review of transactions, reconstruction of accounting records, unravelling complex accounting matters and reconstruction of accounts.
- Litigation support, including economic loss and damages assessments, contract and partnership disputes, insolvent trading matters and provision of evidence in court.
- Investigations of maladministration and corruption.
- Responsible lending and compliance reviews, internal control audits.
- Fraud and corruption investigations and risk management.
- Bachelor of Business, Kuringai College of Advanced Education.
- Fellow of Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand (CAANZ).
- Associate Member of the Certified Practising Accountants in Australia (CPA).
- Graduate Diploma in Applied Finance and Investment (FINSIA).
- Certified Fraud Examiner.