Michael is a founding director of Axiom Forensics, which commenced operations in 2004. Since 1998 Michael has specialised in the provision of forensic accounting services to clients in respect of issues arising in a variety of businesses ranging from small owner operated or family businesses to large corporations. He has acted as an independent expert in numerous litigation matters concerning quantification of damages and complex accounting matters. Michael has also undertaken significant matters for Australian regulators. Michael has considerable experience in media and telecommunication, where he has been involved in various high profile matters.
Michael began his career in 1985 and he became a Chartered Accountant in 1990. Michael worked in corporate restructure and insolvency as well as litigation matters. His insolvency experience from 1985 to 1998 involved a large number of significant insolvency administrations and he became a director in the area of corporate restructuring and insolvency. Michael’s focus then changed to forensic accounting and he established the forensic division at Ferrier Hodgson in 1998 before starting Axiom Forensics.
- Independent expert testimony.
- Loss and damage assessment, including valuations of businesses and assets, economic loss and damages assessments, contract disputes including costs, cost accounting, ACCC pricing disputes and copyright claims.
- Financial investigations, including asset tracing, review of transactions, reconstruction of accounting records, franchisee revenue reporting, breaches of the Corporations Act, insolvent trading.
- Responsible lending and compliance reviews, internal control audits.
- Fraud investigations and risk management.
- Insurance claims, including fidelity and product liability.
- Bachelor of Commerce, University of Western Australia.
- Member of Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand (CAANZ).
- Associate Member of the Certified Practising Accountants in Australia (CPA).
- Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand Business Valuation Specialist designation.
- Associate Member of the Australian Restructuring Insolvency and Turnaround Association (ARITA).
- Cert IV in Fraud Control (Investigations).