David is a director of Axiom Forensics.
Since joining Axiom Forensics in 2010 David has assisted the other Directors of the firm on numerous high profile disputes and, in recent years, has undertaken his own expert witness assignments (including roles as Court Appointed Expert and Court Appointed Referee) and consulting assignments covering business valuations, loss of profit claims and assessments of solvency.
David began his career in 2004 with Ferrier Hodgson where he gained experience in forensic accounting and insolvency. After qualifying as a Chartered Accountant, David undertook a 12 month secondment to an international insolvency firm based in the Cayman Islands where he worked in insolvency and forensic accounting, with a particular focus on cross-border insolvencies and disputes. Upon returning to Australia in 2008 David joined McGrathNicol where he was involved in both formal insolvency appointments and independent business reviews.
- Loss and damage assessment, including business valuations, economic loss claims, damages assessments and contractual disputes.
- Litigation support, including acting as consulting expert on valuation and accounting matters (an example of which included a consulting expert role on a large shareholder class action).
- Financial investigations and insolvent trading analysis and investigations.
- Business reviews and the review and development of financial and valuation models.
- Bachelor of Laws, Australian National University, Canberra.
- Bachelor of Commerce, Australian National University, Canberra.
- Member of Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand (CAANZ).
- Graduate Diploma in Applied Finance and Investment (FINSIA).
- Advanced Insolvency Course, Insolvency Practitioners Association of Australia (IPA).